Tuesday 31 March 2009

Katherine, NT

It was my day off yesterday, and so I joined Lionel on a trip to the local town, Katherine, as a lot of stuff was needed for the station to be picked up from various shops and stores. This meant an early start, one I haven't ever seen i my life before. 2.30am. I think I actually groaned as my alarm went off.

Anywho, by 3.30am we were on the red and dusty road listening to some weird Australian music on the tape player. Lionel was driving, as of course I can't, with a trailer, which meant we went slower then usual. By 8ish I think it was, we hit Makarankah and got some toasted sarnies for brekkie and kept moving onwards towards the town.

Our time in Katherine was limited, and with a trailer and an open ute back meant that only one of us could leave the car at a time to protect the goods from being stolen, which meant that more time was being used if we both needed to go into the same shop etc etc. Anyway, we managed good and obtained everything we needed, but here comes the best part...

I needed to buy another pair of jeans since my working pair had gotten covered in battery acid which eats your clothes (there was a growing hole in the crotch) and I as trying on my normal size. These were too big for me. Strange, I thought, I knew I had lost weight, but I didn't think a lot. So then, I go and try on the size smaller, and bloody hell - they fit perfectly!

I was on such a natural high after this, and even bought a salad for lunch. :)

Lionel was laughing at me because I was grinning so much.

Anywho, a bit of dietary advice for the rest of you - eat beef! It works wonders.

I've got to go to bed now. Night y'all.

xxx

5 comments:

The Mole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mole said...

I'll stock the freezer with beef for your return then....

Jenny N said...

Lol, it might well be the 8hrs+ physical labour a day rather than the beef eating... but don't listen to me, I'm a vegetarian :) xxxx

Jenny N said...

P.S. you now talk like my dad...

'toasted sarnies for brekkie' etc...

The Mole said...

Eat beef?

Isn't that the Atkins diet?