Thursday 19 March 2009

Buchanan Downs Station #3

Hello there, my fellow chums.

Now this piece is going to be for my Father, who keeps nagging me about doing more blogs, when I blog when I have something to say he wants a daily update I think. So, as not a lot has happened in my daily routine I have found this to satisfy my father's blog-tastebuds.

1. My uncle once: had a go at clay pigeon shooting with me at the Kent County Fair.

2. Never in my life: will I become a vegetarian. It's true, I have become a beefaholic. I think it's the taste of steak which you killed, skinned and sliced up on the afternoon before you eat it that does it to you. (Apologies to my friends who are veggies/vegans)

3. When I was five: I drank watered down wine in a resturant in France.

4. High school was: an interesting experience. Especially as I think half the school didn't know my name but knew me as 'Mr Martin's Daughter' or 'Big T's lil' sis'

5. I will never forget: how to ride a motorbke, as I am definitley getting the license when I come back to Pommyland.

6. Once I met: Billy Ocean, my biggest claim to fame. He shook me by the hand and said "Hello Nichola," after my Dad introduced me.

7. There’s this boy I know: who is too pretty.

8. Once, at a bar: I put my bleeding toe on top to show the barman.

9. By noon, I’m usually: just going off for my three hour lunch break, since it just gets too hot during those hours.

10. Last night: I dreamed a fabulous dream.

11. If only I had: more strength, and previous mechanical knowledge.

12. Next time I go to church: will probably be Christmas - unless someone wants to get married?

13. What worries me most: is the thought of something serious happening back home, because it'll take me at least six days to get back.

14. When I turn my head left I see: sliding doors, the veranda, the house lawn and a gate.

15. When I turn my head right I see: a dining table, with plastic garden chairs on top with bedsheets drying.

16. You know I’m lying when: my stories don't match.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: being in the womb??

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Horatio, he doesn't get murdered.

19. By this time next year: I will have grown up so much, and be a student again.

20. A better name for me would be: Nicole the Uppity Pom, at least that's what I'm called here.

21. I have a hard time understanding: fencing.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: play some rugby with the team.

23. You know I like you if: I want to talk to you all the time.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my Mum.

25. Take my advice, never: think that the British summer is hot. It's postively lukewarm.

26. My ideal breakfast is: Grandma's Christmas breakfast, but in bed with someone I love.

27. A song I love but do not have is: Jackson - Johnny Cash and June Carter.

28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: go punting, proper Cambridge style.

29. Why won’t people: stop buying and selling other human beings.

30. If you spend a night at my house: you'll be on the sofa. Fact. But it's a very comfortable one.

31. I’d stop my wedding for: David Tennant?

32. The world could do without: wars.

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: drive in the bush in the dark by myself.

34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: *smirks* Now that's one I'm no answering at the moment.

35. Paper clips are more useful than: banks.

36. If I do anything well it’s: driving beautiful Eric around the station.

37. I can’t help but: be easily cranked up. Sadly, everyone else here has realised this.

38. I usually cry: at reality TV shows. Nicole winning Aussie Ladette to Lady!

39. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: 'Look to the future. The past will sort itself out'

40. And by the way: if you've read this far, you must really be bored.


Happy now Father?


xD

2 comments:

The Mole said...

Love you Nix, and thank you....
xx

PS Am at a conference in Stoke, sitting at a table and listening to a guy that everyone else thinks is funny.

So totally bored and thank you making a dull day most interesting.

SAM said...

Who is this blonde bombshell of which you talk?