Friday 6 February 2009

Rainbow Beach

After a five hour coach ride in the blistering 31 degree weather, we arrived at Rainbow Beach. One more person joined the VisitOz crew, another girl called Nic as it happens. Fraser Hostel is lovely, which is where I'm speaking to you now. Fraser Island is not so far away, can easily get a boat out (but not yet Sam G-B - will try that later on in the upcoming months) Such lovely people here, and last night we pretty much drank the bar dry, and for those condoning readers this is my relaxing time before I start working - getting over the jetlag etc etc. Drank Australian beer so that's Victoria Bitter, better known as VB, Coopers and Broegs. Coopers is one of the best beers I've drank in a long time. Then moved onto whiskey and such things.

Soon, at 11.30pm, the bar closed and a bunch of people at the hostel moved down to the beach where we lit a fire (a guy called Kenny with aborigini roots led us troops) we drank more wine and we stumbled back to our beds as the sight of daylight.

Unfortunatley, for me, something occured which isn't good. My camera was in my short pockets, which are baggy and it fell out. I spent a long time on my hands and knees looking for it, but it being very dark and all I couldn't find it. naturally I assumed someone had picked it up and taken it back to the hostel. However, when I asked this morning it was not anywhere. I jogged down to the beach and then found it in the surf. It's drying out now - so all you looking forward to pictures - watch this space. I took some beautiful pictures of the beach yesterday as well.

:(

Hopefully it'll be ok.

So - how I am feeling is fantastic. You meet some amazing people here. When I was eating discounted pancakes and a coffee for breakfast, Sammy, the chef, played his digeridoo for us. Last night round the fire we had Canadians, Aussies, Brits, Yanks etc etc. It was just good to exchange stories and everything.

So...that's all that's happened so far here. Today we hope to head to the beach, get some form of brown in my legs (even if I just rub sand in) and then Monday we're going to a place inland called Gympie which is where Springbrook farm is, where we start training.

All is fine and dandy here in Oz. Hope you're enjoying the snow back home. Make a snowman for me, I'll make a sandcastle for you.

To be continued.

xxx

No comments: