Saturday 7 February 2009

Australian Sun

Now, being ginger and pale I knew that the sun would disagree with the exposure of my skin, it always has been. So, coming to the tropics I knew the sun would burn me without the use of sun cream - but come on?! This much pain is so ...painful! Wearing straps on my shoulders hurt, and my stomach is stinging with my t-shirt over the top. Oh well. Lesson learnt. REAPPLY EVERY HOUR.

:D

On another point - remember the arguement between me and the sea as to who owned my camera? Well, I'm afraid the sea most definitley won that one. So I'm afraid my skanky 8.2 megapixel samsung camera has died, encrusted with sand and sea water and my camera now is my 2.0 megapixel phone camera. I'll try my very best to recreate some of the best pictures that I took the other day down at the beach, though I'm not sure me heding down there is a good thing today considering what it did to me yesterday.

So yes, this is the story so far. Today is the last relaxing day before we go to Gympie and begin working.

TTYL

xxx

2 comments:

The Mole said...

Loving your blog! Shame about the camera though and thanks for the address. I will get things posted off to you early next week though I am traveling the country so we do it when I am next at a post office.

All is quiet here at home, Anthony is away (again) and Georgina is in London, it is all feeling a little odd somewhat. However, I am proud of you all for getting on and moving on.

Take care and keep up the blog...got your text as well!

Love you loads xxx

Dad

SAM said...

Sad times. I once lost a camera to the washing machine. The pain never quite goes away :(

I can't believe you work at somewhere called Gympie! It's like a gimp Gypsy. What will you be doing there again? Do you get any like annual leave or anything cos you *will* be free when we visit in June!

xxx